Having a healthy lifestyle may seem difficult to some. With stressful routines that demand a lot of energy, it’s easy to reach for the quicker option when it is time to eat, or feel like we don’t have time when it comes to moving our body and working out. But having healthier habits isn’t as hard as it seems and it can bring us countless benefits, making us feel happier and more relaxed throughout the day. Here are 5 healthy daily habits you can start now:
1. Drink More Water: Staying hydrated is vital. It is recommended to drink approximately two liters of water throughout the day. It doesn’t have to be plain and simple water, you can give it a little flavor by adding fresh lemon, cucumber or mint.
2. Make Time for Movement: We are designed to move. Gentle exercise everyday can help us improve circulation, bring oxygen to our muscle tissue, and lift our mood. Try walking at your lunch break, use the stairs instead of the elevators or use your bicycle instead of driving to work every day.
3. Eat One Green Thing Daily: Green foods are full of antioxidants, healthy fats, amino acids, minerals and many other healthy properties. There is a wide variety of green foods to choose from, from avocados to kale, give your meals a fresh touch everyday by using them.
4. Reduce Your Refined Sugar Intake: Even though sugary food may taste delicious, it is not good for us to eat on a daily basis as it can lead to health conditions such as diabetes or obesity. You can also please your sweet tooth by using a natural sweetener such as stevia or monk fruit.
5. Get a Good Night Sleep: Sometimes we underestimate the importance of a good night sleep. When we don’t rest enough, we increase our risk of heart disease, obesity and high blood pressure. On the other hand, sleeping for at least 7 hours keeps us in a better mood, sharpens our memory and focus, and gives us have more energy throughout the day.
All content provided on this blog is for informational and educational purposes only. Opinions expressed herein and in any corresponding comments are the original authors’ personal opinions, not the opinions of Investors Trust, its affiliates, or any entity within the I.T.A. Group. Investors Trust makes no representations of the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Investors Trust is not liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The information found on this blog is to be used at the reader’s own risk; it is for educational and informational purposes only and is not to be taken as professional advice. You should always consult your physician before starting any exercise or diet program. Investors Trust, its affiliates, the entities within the I.T.A. Group, and the authors of this blog are not liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. The terms and conditions of use of this blog are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Fair Use Statement
This site may contain copyrighted material, the use of which may not have been authorized by the copyright owner. Consistent with the “fair use” doctrine set forth within 17 U.S.C. §107, we are making such material available for informational and educational purposes. The material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for informational and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes that may exceed “fair use,” you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.