Get out and get moving! While we know it’s important to incorporate exercise into your daily routine, it can be hard to stay motivated. So, the next time you’re trying to talk yourself into that afternoon workout, remember these healthy benefits that come from regular exercise.
- The obvious benefit of exercise is to prevent excess weight gain and maintain weight loss. This can be achieved by incorporating simple physical activities into your day; try taking the stairs or biking to work. To burn more calories, intensify your physical activity to balance your calorie intake and maintain a healthy weight.
- Whether you’re feeling a little down or you’re steaming with stress, exercise can improve your mood. Physical activity stimulates chemicals in the brain that support happiness and relaxation. Also, regular exercise can make you feel better about your body leaving you with confidence and increased self-esteem.
- For an afternoon boost, try some physical activity to help you stay alert throughout the rest of the day. When you exercise, oxygen and nutrients are transmitted to your tissues and cardiovascular system supporting a more efficient flow. When your heart and lungs are working more efficiently, you have more energy for your daily duties. Also, regular exercise increases endurance and improves muscle strength.
- Fight health conditions and diseases with daily physical activity. Exercising increases high-density lipoprotein (HDL), the “good” cholesterol, and reduces harmful triglycerides in the body. This helps blood flow which decreases your risk of cardiovascular diseases. Regular exercise can help you prevent and manage various health conditions and concerns.
- While exercising can give you an immediate boost of energy, after a long day that afternoon physical activity can actually help you fall asleep faster and deepen your sleep. Be careful not to workout too close to bedtime, but regular exercise can help your body get into a healthy routine leaving you cozied up in bed by the end of the day.
All content provided on this blog is for informational and educational purposes only. Opinions expressed herein and in any corresponding comments are the personal opinions of the original authors, and not the opinions of Investors Trust Assurance SPC®, its affiliates or any entity within the ITA Group. Investors Trust Assurance SPC makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Investors Trust Assurance SPC is not liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The information found on this blog is to be used at the reader’s own risk; it is for educational and informational purposes only and is not to be taken as professional advice. You should always consult your physician before starting any exercise or diet program. Investors Trust Assurance SPC, its affiliates, the entities within the ITA Group and the authors of this blog are not liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. The terms and conditions of use of this blog are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Fair Use Statement
This site may contain copyrighted material, the use of which may not have been authorized by the copyright owner. Consistent with the “fair use” doctrine set forth within 17 U.S.C. §107, we are making such material available for informational and educational purposes. The material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for informational and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes that may exceed “fair use”, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.