The 16th of October every year is dedicated to raising awareness of world food problems and strengthen solidarity in the struggle against hunger, malnutrition and poverty. This year’s theme is Social protection and agriculture: breaking the cycle of rural poverty.
Investors Trust Cares initiated a corporate snacking program earlier this year in order to provide its employees with healthy alternatives to stay full and focused throughout the work day. Through NatureBox, not only are we supplying our employees with wholesomely delicious snacks, but we are supporting a greater mission through their partnership with Feeding America. For every boxed delivered by NatureBox, they donate a meal to Feeding America.
NatureBox is on a mission to make snacking better for a cause. Since its inception in January of 2012, the online snack company has applied its values of “eating well and doing good” by donating snacks and meals to help fight against hunger in the US. — FeedingAmerica.org
One in seven Americans turns to the Feeding America network for food assistance.
The Feeding America network helps families across the nation get the support they need to find and eat nutritious meals.
46.5 million people in the U.S., including 12 million children and 7 million seniors.
- Each week, the Feeding America network serves 5.4 million individuals.
- Thirty-nine percent of client households have a child under age 18.
- One in three client households has a senior household member 60 years or older.
Low wages, underemployment and unemployment may drive need for food assistance.
- The median monthly household income of Feeding America network clients is $927.
- More than half of client households (54%) report at least one employed person at some point in the past year.
- Among households with an employed person, the individual with the longest employment duration is more likely to be employed part-time (57%) than full-time (43%).
Nearly three-quarters of Feeding America households (72%) live at or below the poverty line.