Celebrating the ocean and highlighting the importance of its role in our daily lives.
The ocean covers 71% of the earth’s surface and is essential for the survival of all living things on this planet. Today, we celebrate the world waters and recognize its boundless benefits.
- Climate Regulation: Ocean dynamics strongly affect climate and weather patterns, transferring heat from the equator to the poles and moderating carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere.
- Food: Seafood is a major food staple and protein source. Per capita consumption of seafood is increasing around the globe.
- Economy: Ocean-related industry provides revenue through fishing, seafood distribution, tourism, recreation and transportation. Seafood has become one of the most exported items in the global market today.
- Transportation: Ocean-bound shipping accounts for more than 90 percent of global trade.
- Medicine: Biomedical products derived from marine plant and animal sources provide important medicinal products and health benefits.
- Recreation: The often-intangible benefits derived from spending time in and around the ocean are largely immeasurable.
According to the Seaweb.org.
We must cherish and take care of our waters as they provide some much to us.
Source: “What the Ocean Does for Our Planet and Us.” Seaweb.org. n.p. Web. 5 June 2015.
All content provided on this blog is for informational and educational purposes only. Opinions expressed herein and in any corresponding comments are the personal opinions of the original authors, and not the opinions of Investors Trust Assurance SPC®, its affiliates or any entity within the ITA Group. Investors Trust Assurance SPC makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Investors Trust Assurance SPC is not liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The information found on this blog is to be used at the reader’s own risk; it is for educational and informational purposes only and is not to be taken as professional advice. The terms and conditions of use of this blog are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Fair Use Statement
This site may contain copyrighted material, the use of which may not have been authorized by the copyright owner. Consistent with the “fair use” doctrine set forth within 17 U.S.C. §107, we are making such material available for informational and educational purposes. The material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for informational and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes that may exceed “fair use”, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.