Our Commitment to Privacy
How and Why We Obtain Personal Information
Investors Trust takes great care to protect your personal information and when we use it, we do so with respect for your privacy. We may use personal information about you to service and maintain your account; process transactions in your account; respond to inquiries from you or your representative; develop, offer, and deliver products and services; or to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. Investors Trust may collect public and non-public personal information about you from any of the following sources:
- You or your representative on applications or forms (for example, name, address, government identification or passport number, birth date, assets and income)
- Transactional activity in your account (for example, trading history and balances)
- Other interactions with Investors Trust (for example, discussions with our customer service staff or information you enter into our Web sites)
- Information services and consumer reporting agencies (for example, to verify your identity, to assess your credit-worthiness or to better understand your product and service needs)
- You or your representative regarding your preferences (for example, your choice of electronic statement delivery, or the screen layout you specify if you use our Internet sites)
- Other sources with your consent or with the consent of your representative.
How We Protect Your Information
Investors Trust has always considered the protection of sensitive information to be a foundation of customer trust and a sound business practice. We employ physical, electronic and procedural controls and we regularly adapt these controls to respond to changing requirements and advances in technology.
Within Investors Trust and among our service providers, we restrict access to personal information to those who require it to provide products and services to you. We may share the personal information that we collect with the following entities:
- Investors Trust affiliates, including internal service providers (for example, our data processing company and printing operation)
- Unaffiliated service providers (for example, printing and mailing companies, securities clearinghouses, and other entities who may provide services at Investors Trust's direction)
- Government agencies, other regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials (for example, for insurance regulatory purposes or for reporting suspicious transactions)
- Other organizations, with your consent or as directed by your representative (for example, if you use Investors Trust as a financial reference in applying for credit with another institution), or as permitted or required by law (for example, for fraud prevention)
Privacy, security and service in our online operations are just as critical as in the rest of our business. Investors Trust employs all of the safeguards described previously, along with the following Internet-specific practices.
We use firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your online session and to protect Investors Trust accounts and systems from unauthorized access. We may also place cookies and similar files on your hard drive for purposes such as security, to facilitate site navigation, and to personalize your experience on our site. Our cookies do not identify you by name as an individual or by account number.
When you visit Investors Trust's Internet sites, we may collect technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on our Web sites. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve our Web design and functionality.
© 2014 Investors Trust Administration. All rights reserved.